08 September 2008

I've got to admit it's getting better, a little better all the time....

Okay so after the incredible sadness of my Uncle dying life HAS been getting better. Firstly Ian got a job! After 5 months or so of doing the odd but of contract work he started today at Sky City Grand as their morning commissionaire (fancy word for door man) he has been desperate to get back to "hospo" so is thrilled...... I really hope it works out for him. And in a brain fart I decided to audition for a play - and to cut and long story short got the role I went for - the play is a classic Ayckbourne comedy called Chorus of Disapproval. I was actually in this show 15 years ago as the stroppy young upstart Barmaid and am now the lecherous, man stealing "older woman" - oh how times have changed. But the REALLY exciting news was the other morning I got a phone call from a local radio station to be told I had won flights to Wellington, overnight accommodation in the Five Star Intercontinental and tickets to the World of Wearable Arts awards. It couldn't have been better timing with all the sadness - so THANKS TO THE BREEZE - YOU GUYS ROCK.

We also had a fabulous night over the weekend celebrating my wonderful Mother's 75th Birthday. Gorgeous food, too much wine and lots of laughs with Ian, Mum, Dad and I. Will pop some pictures up soon.

So life just keeps on getting that little bit better all the time. :)