18 July 2008

and so it goes.....

well what have we been up to? as previously stated we went and saw MAMMA MIA on the opening night here in New Zealand and suffice to say LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED IT! I even clapped at the end (and trust me once you have seen the movie you will understand!) That is a definite pre-order from Amazon (along with Sex and the City - Amazon and me are bestest friends I am sure you understand!) Was just so thrilled with the movie as I had never seen the stage show (I know shock horror! but was SUCH a fan of ABBA was worried that it wouldn't work HA NOW WHO IS THE IDIOT! oh well you live and you learn) and Meryl Streep is I swear to god a LIVING LEGEND!

Also spent the weekend at the most amazing acting workshop - it is run by the woman in New Zealand who is the main casting director for most (apart from Peter Jackson's) of the large movies filmed here and works with Disney, Warner, MGM etc etc - it was on American Accents and natural screen portayals. Now I have done ALOT of classes and I have to say was the best I had ever taken - you had to have done some screen work so there were alot of familiar faces but because everyone was of a similar level it was just really pleasant - and talk about a great bunch of people - we have all put our names down for the advanced class and hopefully we will all be able to do it together!

Also, Ian's contract work has gone crazy - he is working long hours but thoroughly enjoying it. He spends most of his time driving around judges, members of parliament and that level of folks. Some weird hours and some strange phone calls late at night changing booking times but it is SO good to see him working again, and he has also just had a whole range of photos taken as he has signed up with a modelling agency and hopefully will grab some extra work (and extra $$$) that way - speaking of that I had a HUGE audition yesterday - can't say anymore than that as is completely confidential campaign but will wait to hear about that - and wait and wait and wait no doubt LOL - but "That's Showbiz"